Ask any consultant, business adviser or successful business owner what you need when starting or developing a business? The answer will invariably include “A Good Marketing Plan”.
It is certainly the case that if you want to successfully build a business, a plan of where you are going is essential.
But it can be little help if this plan is simply an overview of objectives and strategy. It is important that the plan is a practical document, actively used in the ongoing management of the business, rather than a nice report that sits on a shelf gathering dust. Over many years working with clients in developing effective Marketing Plans, I have found that the SOSTAC Model developed in the 1990’s by PR Smith is difficult to beat.
It is a straightforward model that goes systematically through the steps to build a marketing plan, and helps to ensure that all relevant factors are considered, without the need to go into excessive and expensive detail. The model then continues to look at the practical issues of putting the plan into practice.
DOWNLOAD this working tool below:
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.orgTerms and Conditions (the small print that you should always read)
- Applicants must be Johannesburg based or able to meet in Johannesburg at their own cost.
- Applicants must have a registered business that is not younger than 12 months old, have at least one full time employee and one paying client.
- The business must be legitimate and legal.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
- The entrant acknowledges that by submitting his or her entry to the competition he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and the he/she understands and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- All entrants to this competition participate entirely at their own risk.
- Winners will be selected no later than 7 November 2014. This date is subject to change without notice.
- Entrants to whom prize will be awarded will be selected through a random draw.
- The names of the prize winners may be published on the spillly.com website and other social platforms .
- Any queries in this regard can be addressed to email@example.com .
Kevin’s presentation was entitled ‘Importance of storytelling and authentic leadership’ and covered the importance of good storytelling in your business and the duties that MD’s and business owners have to become authentic story tellers.
Check out the full presentation here:
The overriding theme that Kevin shared was as follows:
- Be as you wish to be seen and be authentic
- Be available and have an opinion
- Your reputation is all you have