Our new home at the Cradle Boutique Hotel worked out well!
We started as usual at Bloom Coffee in Parkhurst before heading out on a zero-rain day to the hotel where breakfast was served and a 3 hour coaching workshop was run that covered company values and culture!
Ok, no more reading, check out the images below!
A great day out indeed!
This month 10 business owners shared insights into their big ambitious business goals and how to start with a strategy to deliver this.
Some of the tools used included a Value Proposition canvas and a customer window matrix.
Unsure what these are? Contact us to find out more firstname.lastname@example.org
All pics with love from Brandon.hinton.jpeg
For 3 months I religiously watched your YouTube channel, eager to see your daily Vlog and the beautifully curated time-lapse scenes of New York. I spent my days preaching to my clients that they have to watch your show and see how smart your marketing was.
We spoke about you on Whatsapp and debated what the product your business was going to launch and I swore that I would buy whatever it was and convert everyone I knew to do the same. I was your brand ambassador and I believed in your message.
You are entertaining and your opinions are aligned to my own. The life you portrayed was one that I aspired to and even though I knew you were building up to sell something to me, I didn’t care. It was honest. It was insightful. It was entertaining.
Then you launched Beme, your piece-of-shit mobile social media application.
It’s not even average. It’s sad and useless and not even pretty to look at. It serves no purpose and is not even doing a better job of any other app. I am still horrified and shocked that this was a result of a $2 million investment
I received my Beme code with joy and excitement and in one moment you destroyed all the value you built up in me, turning me from an advocate into a hater.
Some may say that my expectations were too high and that I was doomed to be disappointed and in hindsight and this is partly true, but Beme solves no problem, is not even remotely good and is the opposite of useful. It’s taken up space on my phone that can be better used to see my background image better.
Casey, your marketing was sheer brilliance. You had a captive opt-in audience that would spend hard earned money with you and then you released a product that was bad. I’ve unfollowed you on all social platforms and am telling this story as you have proved a valuable yet simple business lesson I will share going forward:
All the marketing in the world, as smart and innovative as it may be, is utterly useless if your product is not good, useful or solving a problem.
Casey, after writing this post I realise that you have added value to my life. Thank you. You have reminded me how important a great product or service really is.
I hope you release something that is meaningful into the world one day.
A quiet Sunday afternoon with a few hours to kill – this is what happens.
Ducati have produced a beautiful machine with the Scrambler.
I cant resist taking some footage and making it pretty for you 🙂
MUSIC: anyone’s ghost – The National.
This video is not endorsed or paid for.
Here is the official video that I shot in March 2015 in Val Thorens for iStore.
Everything was shot on on iPhone 6 while we stayed at Club Med Sensations.
You can view the video here or on the iStore blog below:
19 friends on a snowboarding holiday is the stuff dreams are made. Most of us are business owners and love talking about how our businesses are performing and what growth challenges we face from the white slopes of Val Thorens, Saint-Martin-de-Belleville, France.
We are eating, sleeping, partying, working and boarding at the brand new Club Med Val Thorens Sensations resort.
Most of us have been boarding several times but there are a few newbies in the crew who dont know what to expect or even what yellow snow tastes like, yet!
For those people I have prepared a list of essentials that must be packed for this epic trip.
For the Skiers:
- No one cares.
- See point 1 above.
- Seriously, why bother.
For the Snowboarders:
- Snowboard, bindings and snowboard boots. Most of us will be renting gear from Club med so don’t stress too much about this if you don’t have these items.
- Helmet – you can also rent this from Club Med.
- Jacket (waterproof).
- Pants (waterproof).
- Gloves (waterproof).
- Gloves for the evening – its cold walking back to the hotel after a few beers!
- Now these are not the @Nicharrystyle socks, but proper thick socks specifically made for snowboarding.
- Beanies, neck warmers and buffs.
- Wrist guards, knee guards, bum guards and condoms. Trust me on the bumguards.
- Pain medication and anti inflammatories. Take some Deep Heat rub too.
- Rehydrate sachets.
- Lip balm with SPF.
- Contact lenses for the non 20-20 blind folk.
- Chargers for all the tech you need.
- Camera lenses for your iPhone.
- Spare memory cards for your cameras.
- A swimming costume for the jacuzzi. READ: NO SPEEDOS.
- Some loose fitting clothing for yoga after the day is done.
- You WON’T need a shovel or GPS location finder gizmo. None of us are that good that we will be hitting the back country slopes.
- Don’t bring casual shoes that will be damaged if they get wet like your blue suede shoes.
- A cheap watch because you will bang your wrists about and that TAG will be worthless.
You will only need a few t-shirts and long sleeve t-shirts for the day under your jacket and then a few warm items for the evenings.
Pack light – you will use less clothing than you think.
If you have any other suggestions please feel free to comment below or hit up Club Med on Twitter!
Some of the features I love are as follows:
- Size: The iPad Air 2 is super thin; it weighs under 500 grams which is great for taking to meetings as well as watching videos.
- Display: The Retina display is far superior to the previous iPad 1. It uses more contrasting colours and has almost no reflective display.
- Battery: The battery lasts up to 10 hours, which keeps me from having to plug it in at awkward times.
Features I miss:
- Whatsapp isn’t there. This week without the use of my phone made me realise just how much I use this app.
- The Silent button isn’t there; I was unable to ‘silence’ my iPad Air 2 as the button is no longer on the device. This comes in handy during meetings especially.
In summary, I won’t be getting rid of my Macbook Air any time soon as it simply has all the features that I use on a daily basis. The iPad Air 2 is perfect as a lightweight, good-looking and efficient piece of hardware that I believe can be used in conjunction with my iPhone.
Apple has done it once again!
ps.. the camera and slo-mo function is epic!