Whether you think you need Twitter in your business to market your goods & brand or not, here are some large numbers to ponder:
- Over 500 million registered users (as of March 2012)
- 34% of marketers have gained leads through Twitter, and 20% have actually closed a deal on there
- 40% of members don’t actively Tweet
- It roughly takes one week for a billion tweets to be sent
- 60% of new users currently come from outside the US
- 80% of tweets concerning customer service are negative
- 5% of users create 75% of the content
- 11 Twitter accounts are created every second
- Twitter’s advertising revenue is predicted to hit $540 million by 2014
- The US lead the way in terms of numbers – with 108 million users – 28% of all Twitter members.
- The US however, lags behind Netherlands, Brazil and Japan in terms of active profiles.
- Twitter signups TRIPLED with the intergration of iOS 5, showing the impact of mobile phones on social media
Do you still think that twitter has nothing to offer?
stats taken from http://www.sbwadvertising.co.uk