If you are the jealous type, stop reading this now. #SnowClub15
19 friends on a snowboarding holiday is the stuff dreams are made. Most of us are business owners and love talking about how our businesses are performing and what growth challenges we face from the white slopes of Val Thorens, Saint-Martin-de-Belleville, France.
We are eating, sleeping, partying, working and boarding at the brand new Club Med Val Thorens Sensations resort.
Most of us have been boarding several times but there are a few newbies in the crew who dont know what to expect or even what yellow snow tastes like, yet!
For those people I have prepared a list of essentials that must be packed for this epic trip.
For the Skiers:
- No one cares.
- See point 1 above.
- Seriously, why bother.
For the Snowboarders:
- Snowboard, bindings and snowboard boots. Most of us will be renting gear from Club med so don’t stress too much about this if you don’t have these items.
- Helmet – you can also rent this from Club Med.
- Jacket (waterproof).
- Pants (waterproof).
- Gloves (waterproof).
- Gloves for the evening – its cold walking back to the hotel after a few beers!
- Now these are not the @Nicharrystyle socks, but proper thick socks specifically made for snowboarding.
- Beanies, neck warmers and buffs.
- Wrist guards, knee guards, bum guards and condoms. Trust me on the bumguards.
- Pain medication and anti inflammatories. Take some Deep Heat rub too.
- Rehydrate sachets.
- Lip balm with SPF.
- Contact lenses for the non 20-20 blind folk.
- Chargers for all the tech you need.
- Camera lenses for your iPhone.
- Spare memory cards for your cameras.
- A swimming costume for the jacuzzi. READ: NO SPEEDOS.
- Some loose fitting clothing for yoga after the day is done.
- You WON’T need a shovel or GPS location finder gizmo. None of us are that good that we will be hitting the back country slopes.
- Don’t bring casual shoes that will be damaged if they get wet like your blue suede shoes.
- A cheap watch because you will bang your wrists about and that TAG will be worthless.
You will only need a few t-shirts and long sleeve t-shirts for the day under your jacket and then a few warm items for the evenings.
Pack light – you will use less clothing than you think.
If you have any other suggestions please feel free to comment below or hit up Club Med on Twitter!